Pretension Central

So this will be an exercise in complete bullshit and ramblings about how I fucking hate everything and pretty much everyone. Foul language will be used and is encouraged. Liberal points of view will be quite the norm. You have been warned.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Need to Explode

So I have been listening to a lot of talk radio lately...mainly NPR and AirAmerica. This usually keeps me informed and since I do not have cable (a self imposed exile)but lately I have been getting really pissed off. I kept up with both the Democrat and Republican Conventions and then this got me to thinking that I should actually do something with this pent up aggression and volunteer to make a difference. This got me to thinking that maybe there would be a democrat organization at the college I attend. I thought to myself this would be great because I would like to help make a difference and I would connect more with the people that I go to school with. (Liberalism at it's finest)

I guess this was the idealist in me rearing its ugly head because after checking online at the various political organizations that do exist at my school none of them have a website and the only thing that you can get if you dig real hard is an email address. I found this to be very disconcerting so just for the hell of it I checked the republican organizations. DAMN they have their shit together. I was impressed! These people are organized. I started to wonder why the Dems are not jumping on the college campuses and getting the voters started from there. I ran across this article and had my AH HA moment. FUCK! We need to get our shit together here. Now it is up to me and I think I might go against every grain in my body and blindly email some groups and hopefully get some shit started. This could be scary but I'll keep you posted. For once something is not going in 93% bucket!