Pretension Central

So this will be an exercise in complete bullshit and ramblings about how I fucking hate everything and pretty much everyone. Foul language will be used and is encouraged. Liberal points of view will be quite the norm. You have been warned.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Mary Poppins

So let me start off this particular rant by stating that I am a nanny and I have been for a couple of years now. I ran across this article and thought I would share my thoughts. First of all isn't this common sense stuff that should be expected of a nanny. Anyone that you employ should show up on time and be prepared for the job. If this is the sign of a great nanny then I am Mary Poppins! These are your kids and if you went to all the trouble to have them shouldn't you demand the best out of those who you choose to take care of them. Maybe I am expecting too much of parents because there a quite a few out there who do not pay attention to their kids and are just looking for someone else to do the dirty work of raising their kids. The whole problem with the barometer used in this senario is that it greatly depends upon the parent playing an active role in the child's life. If the parent doesn't care it is highly unlikely that the nanny will care about the kids either. I have nannied for both types of families and I know that I hold myself to a higher standard when I know that the parents are truly responsive and deeply care about their kids. Anyway this pisses me off and if I go any further I will have to launch into a post about the tests that I think you should have to pass in order to become a parent and I don't have time because I have to go and be Mary Poppins soon! I'll have to save that for another day!