Pretension Central

So this will be an exercise in complete bullshit and ramblings about how I fucking hate everything and pretty much everyone. Foul language will be used and is encouraged. Liberal points of view will be quite the norm. You have been warned.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Fuck Dillard's

So this summer while I was off from the pursuit of the elusive BA in English I decided to get a second job at Dillards in the men's department. (This also helped ETP purchase the flaming red asshole car that I look really good in but that is beside the point.) Anyway, so this weekend was inventory and it royally sucked ass. I worked on Saturday from 7pm to 3:30am and then Sunday from 4pm to 7:15am. That's kinda a lot of hours. Now we had to stay late because the managers fucked up and had morons scanning departments that had high dollar values and that were potentially difficult with complicated tables and fixtures...ie china and Mens Polo and Nautica. When the scans are fucked up and have a high difference things go into a third audit or rescan and you keep scanning until you get it right. Your numbers must match the hand counted numbers of the auditors for the items on the fixture. The managers pissed off the auditors and in turn they made their lives a living hell. God I want to be an auditor. The managers would not let us take breaks and gave us crap for food. We were literally held hostage there for the night until I made a big stink and some of us left. By this point some of the people, myself included, were becoming ill from lack of food and sleep deprivation. As we were preparing for the third audit in housewares I told the Assistant Store Manager that he might want to let some of the people go home who were going to be ill before it got to the point where they could not drive anymore. He got all snippy and said well no one wants to be here but we have to get this done. He then said if you don't want to be here then leave, doing so in a manner meant to humiliate us and make us feel bad and guilty, and so the four of us that were standing there grabbed our bags and left. I think that he was expecting us to be contrite little employees and feel bad and stay but not me! I say Fuck you Dillards! Fuck you in the ear with a big rubber dick, break it off and beat you upside the head senseless with it!!!!!

Now I have contacted the Department of Labor in my state and asked them if you work a shift that is longer than 12 hours regardless of whether it spans one or two days, as long as it is continuous, you are required to pay overtime. The store Managers were saying that they would not be paying any overtime because it was technically a shift spanning 2 days. I will be filing a complaint and they will pay me my overtime!! Don't ever mess with little people because they can be mean and bitchy when they have to be.