Pretension Central

So this will be an exercise in complete bullshit and ramblings about how I fucking hate everything and pretty much everyone. Foul language will be used and is encouraged. Liberal points of view will be quite the norm. You have been warned.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Fabric Immersion

So this weekend I finished my quilt for my nephew and decided to undertake a new project. I am starting a crazy quilt for my mother in law, so on Sunday I went to JoAnn Fabrics to get some remnets and discontinued leftovers to start the project. HOLY HELL!!! People were literally pouring into the store and they had a take a number system going at the cutting counter. I picked up my number 55 when they were servicing number 37 or 38. There was one woman who I think needed a forklift to carry home all the fabric that she was buying. She was there when I picked up my number and then she left to go and get some lunch while the lady continued to cut her fabric. She came back about the time that I was at the counter and when I left the counter she was still there. I think I spent about 45 minutes just waiting and it might have been longer....It sure seemed like forever. Women apparently are crazy about fabric. I like it and all but GOD DAMN there are some of these people that should be examined. Anyway, I hope that this project goes well. I think it will be fun but we shall see how long it takes me to finish it with summer school, working and the general shit of life that tend to take precedence over quilting projects.