Pretension Central

So this will be an exercise in complete bullshit and ramblings about how I fucking hate everything and pretty much everyone. Foul language will be used and is encouraged. Liberal points of view will be quite the norm. You have been warned.

Friday, November 12, 2004

The Word Liberal

Ok, so is anyone else out there sick and tired of the word Progressive as substitute for the word Liberal. I am a Liberal. I am a Bleeding ASS Liberal. I am not a fucking progressive. We have allowed the right wing media ( and yes, it is right wing) to attach this negative connotation to the word Liberal and instead of deciding to take the word, own it, and turn it against them by embracing it even more we go and get a new word. This Fucking frustrates ME.

My minor is in Linguistics and Language so I know a bit about the subject of vocabulary. The word choices that people make determine many things that you may not even think about. By finding a new word to define ourselves as we have given the Republicans power. They can use the term against us and know that it hurts us. This also further scatters the Dems because now we cannot even agree on basic terminology such as the words used to define who we are. Is that really what we want to be doing right now? Seems really fucking stupid to me.